Warsaw Fire Department
The Warsaw Fire Department has been answering the call for help since its establishment in 1927. From humble beginnings our department has valued service, honor, and integrity. The Warsaw Fire Department of today provides services to those within the Town of Warsaw and those in the Stacy Britt Fire District with superior fire protection through 30 members, 12 apparatus, and 2 operational stations. We continue to appreciate the support of our community!
Why are we called the Stacy Britt Fire District?
The Warsaw Fire Department's district name has been known as the Stacy Britt Fire District, but why? The district is named in honor of Warsaw Fire Chief Stacy Britt, who died in the Line of Duty while responding to an emergency call in Rose Hill, on December 31st, 1949. Therefore the district was named in his honor, Engine 5 when purchased in 1988 was dedicated in his memory, the Stacy Britt Gardens were dedicated to his memory as well.